Sometimes, we just want to try something new. When you want to change but don’t want a drastic one like a haircut, a change in hair color is the answer. New hair color makes a whole world of difference. Whether you’re looking for a change to go with your new fearless attitude or you’re just bored and itching to try something new, dyeing your hair can give you just what you’re looking for.
Getting your hair dyed for the first time can make you feel and look like a different person – in a good way. It pushes you to get out of your comfort zone. It can even give you a boost of confidence when you need it. To some, it may take time to get used to their new hair color but girl, change is good. The thing about dyeing your hair is that you can change it whenever you want – no lifetime commitment is needed. Clueless on what hair color to try for the new year? We’ve made a list to help you with that! Check out these 5 fun hair colors to try for the New Year!
Pretty in Pink
If you’re looking for pretty and girly hair color, you might want to try this pink hair color. It’s a fun hair color that surprisingly looks good with any skin tone. The pink hair color gives a girly, carefree vibe. No, it’s not just for the girly girls nor the young ones. You can rock this hair color at any age!
Funky Purple Hair
Funky yet sophisticated. This purple hair color is another fun color to try for the new year. You don’t need to be part of a band to try this funky purple hair. Anyone can pull this off with the right attitude! If you’re looking for a hair color that can go with your new-found devil may care attitude, try this out!
Back to Black
If you’ve been blonde all your life and you want a total hair transformation, you might want to consider going black. Black hair is beautiful. It looks fabulous on all skin tones too! It’s also versatile enough to go with any hairstyle you’re currently rocking. The thing about having a black hair color is that it gives you the illusion of having a slimmer face! Awesome!
Now, if you’ve been a dark-haired girl for quite some time now, maybe going blonde is something that you would like to try this new year. Going from black to blonde may be a lot of work, you have to bleach your hair, tone, and apply the right shade of blonde color to your hair, but the results will be oh-so-amazing.
Girl on Fire
If you feel feisty for the new year, why not pair it up with an equally feisty hair color that is red hair? Getting your hair dyed with red is a strong move in itself and you will feel empowered trying it out once in your life. Who knows, you might just love it and rock that hair color for some time. Just remember that red hair color is more likely to fade faster than other hair colors. When choosing red hair dye, do your research or ask your hairstylist what’s the best red hair dye in the market.
How To Keep Your Colored Hair Luscious and Healthy
- Give it time. After coloring your hair, give your new hair color some time to set it into your hair. It’s advisable to wait at least 2 days before washing your hair.
- Minimize washing your newly colored hair. Washing your hair frequently might lead to fading of hair color. We’re not saying to skip the shower all year round. Be smart when it comes to washing your hair and build a routine. Washing your hair twice or thrice a week is a good number to start.
- No to hot water! When washing your hair, best to use cooler water temperature, lukewarm is also acceptable. Hot water tends to fade hair color more easily.
- Invest in shampoo for colored hair. Use a shampoo that is specially formulated for colored hair. There is a bunch of shampoos that caters to colored hair, there are even ones that are made for whatever hair color you might be rocking as of the moment! You already invested time and money on your new hair color, you might as well take care of it.
- Condition your hair! It is not unlikely that your hair may get a little more damage when you get a hair color. This is why you have to shower your hair with a lot of TLC by making sure you use a hair conditioner frequently. Look for ones that are made for hair color too. These conditioners will help prevent your hair to look nasty and out of life.
- Dry shampoo is your best friend. For days that you’ll skip washing your hair, it’s important to use a dry shampoo. Best to buy one that is made for colored treated hair. It will absorb excess oil and will keep your hair fresh even without washing it. You don’t want your hair to feel sticky all day, don’t you?
- Protection from heat. The quest for a gorgeous mane doesn’t stop after getting a new hair dye. We, girls, love to experiment with different hairstyles – curl it up, straighten it down, blow-dry, – you name it. It’s hard to stay away from heat-generating hair equipment that’s why the best thing you can do is to get a heat protectant. You can still enjoy the benefits of heat styling while making sure that your hair is always protected!
- Skip the blow-dry. If you can skip hair heat styling on some days, do so. Understandably, you wouldn’t want to go out with wet hair but now that you stay indoors more than you usually would, it would be better for your hair to get some air dry instead of blow dry.
- Mask it! When you want to give your colored hair a boost, you gotta get your mask on. Hair masks are so good for your hair. It’s like giving vitamins to your drained and lifeless hair.
With 5 fun hair colors to choose from, you’ll surely find one that will get you excited to try! Whatever color you choose, make sure to follow the tips we shared to get the most out of your newly colored hair! Enjoy!